Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Prayer in School

Yup thats right. You can pray in school. I was always so worried to ask people if I could pray with them. I thought they'd be offended or just flat out refuse, we're not all that open to things like that here in America. But the stories of some friends of mine after they returned from Haiti really encouraged me to step out a little bit. Why can't I at least offer to pray with them right on the spot? Why do I always offer up a simple "I'll be praying for you"? So I decided that if I had an urge to pray for someone today that I would ask them if i could pray for them right then and there.... Today I prayed with two different people. Its a start. And ya know what? Neither of them seemed to think that was wierd or out of line and they actually thanked me. So Im just gonna throw a challenge out there for you guys. Pray with someone. Out loud. On the spot.

Have a blessed day!

2 comments: