Monday, March 1, 2010

God's plan

So with college coming up and such I've been thinking a lot about God's will for me and for those around me and on top of that at FCA i know the idea of Divine Providence or God having a plan for lives has come up a couple times. How does free will work if God has a plan for our lives, or does God even have a plan for our lives? This topic is a hard one for us to understand. Personally i believe that God does have a will or plan for our lives and the free will comes into effect in the fact that we can choose to follow God's will or we can disregard it and follow our own paths. Feel free to disagree. I won't pretend to know all sorts of theological reasoning behind my belief that God directs our lives but i will point you to a few places in the Bible that make me believe so. Most of them are small references to plans or paths that God directs us on but these subtle yet very present hints make me believe that God does have a plan for each of us.

Job 23:10-11
"Yet he knows the way i have taken...My feet have followed his tracks; I have kept to his way and not turned aside."

Psalm 16:5
"...You hold my future."

Psalm 16:11
"...You reveal the path of life to me."

Psalm 23:3
"He renews my life; He leads me along the right paths."

Psalm 25:4
"Make your ways known to me, Lord; teach me your paths."

Psalm 25:12
"...He will show me the way i should choose."

Psalm 31:15
"The course of my life is in your power..."

Psalm 37:5
"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act,"

I'll keep adding to this list as i go through my devotions each night. Im going through a study about having a heart like King Davids right now. He was a man after God's own heart and as you can see just in the book of psalms alone there are many verses that seem to point to God having a plan for our lives. Just a thought. Take it or leave it. God bless you guys
!

No comments:

Post a Comment