Monday, March 1, 2010

Me.

I'm half Palestinian. My dad and his whole family are muslim. When i was little my dad was having an affair, he was and alcoholic and he abused my mom. We moved to Alexandria when i was 2 years old. My dad got visitation rights back when i was around 4 years old and we would have supervised visits with him once a week. he left for a while and went overseas and when he came back he brought back with him a step mom a step brother and a step sister who i grew to love dearly. They had another daughter, my little sister zain the same year that my mom got remarried to a really great christian guy. I started going to visit my dad in the cities on weekends and thats how its been since. In 8th grade, my dad was sentenced to a year in federal prison for tax fraud and health care fraud. A few months after he got out I told him that i was a christian and he didnt take it very well at first but eventually we kind of agreed to disagree. I pray every night that someday he'll come to know the Lord. A few months later my dad and step mom of 12 years got divorced. 6 months later my dad got remarried to my current step mom. I love both of my step moms and they've both played significant roles in my life and i pray for them also. Through everything the ups the downs and the times that I've just wanted to cry God has never let me down. He's always been there to comfort me and when i turn to him in my struggle i know that he'll give me peace. I think its so important for us to realize that as christians God never promised us that our lives would be easy, in fact he guarantees adversity, but he promises that we will never have to face it on our own. Thats my story. Whats yours? Post it in your notes and tag people to pass it on! :) Love you guys, God bless!

Some of you guys have known me for years and others of you I've just met recently, but whatever the case God has blessed me by surrounding me with friends like you. There have been a lot of things in my life that have made me ask God 'why?' 'why do these things keep happening, what good could possibly come of this?' and for a long time God didnt answer that, but in the past few years God has revealed to me through certain circumstances that the things that have happened in my life were not for my benefit neccesarily but for the benefit of those that I would come in contact with. Its like when someone is struggling with something, and someone says "I understand" but they know they don't they kinda shut them out but when you've dealt with similar situations that can sometime open up doors that wouldnt be open otherwise. Its like a passage in 2 Corinthians 1:4-7 "3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5 For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6 If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7 And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort." So if you're struggling with someone it may just end up being a huge blessing to someone who is dealing with something similar later on and no matter what trial you're up against, God is always right by your side

No comments:

Post a Comment